In random order:
1) Overdrive, Libby, Hoopla via my library card give me so much joy. I can borrow books, magazines and watch shows from the comfort of my tablet.
2) iPad is life.
3) I am slightly afraid of the future, being alone, weak and poor in old age.
4) Medical cannabis oil is my lifeline for migraines, insomnia and anxiety.
5) Five years in a happy marriage. Becoming a wife is still the biggest surprise of my life thus far.
6) I prefer podcasts to movies/shows. My list is short but satisfying: The Naked Scientists, Hidden Brain, Invisibilia, BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour.
7) I live in a small one bedroom apartment, which gets very hot in summer and very cold in winter. Realizing that I may never move until I’m retired and need a cheaper place.
8) Travel is very difficult, my bleeding is horrendous and unpredictable.
9) I cannot live without my kitchen gadgets: Instant Pot, popcorn maker, waffle maker, flour mill. My kitchenette is not suitable for elaborate cooking and these give me a chance to make healthy meals.
10) I loathe that my mother is financially dependent on me and I have to throw my hard earned peanuts her way.
11) Working from home is a such a gift and long may it last.
12) My morning smoothie sustains me six days a week. I add frozen blueberries, fresh ginger, chia seeds and sunflower seeds to a vegan protein powder (chocolate flavoured from Genuine Health).
13) I eat plant-based meals with the occasional eggs and smoked salmon.
14) I am a secular atheist. Always been an atheist but getting more tolerant of other people’s religious paradigms.
15) I long for menopause and the release from bleeding, estrogen and fibroids. Please hurry!
16) Got to see and feel the ocean this year in Vancouver.
17) Stopped using minoxidil (Rogaine) and hair is falling out a lot especially on the crown. Somehow I believe that my fibroids will shrink if I don’t use it. Time will tell.
18) Got my first wall decal and I love the whimsical feel it adds to my bedroom.
19) Love reading expat blogs from places where I might want to live. Sometimes I waste a whole Saturday or Sunday enthralled by these people.
20) My guilty trash TV viewing has decreased to two shows: Married at First Sight (US version) and 90 Day Fiancé.
21) I am a talented human behaviourist and can read people accurately with little information. I use my ability to predict people’s behaviour to my advantage.
Phew… half way there… writing this kind of list is hard when you’re getting long in the tooth
22) It’s probably unrealistic to dream of retiring to Europe and I’m coming to terms with it. The Maritimes might be a good solution.
23) I’m trying to enjoy the present more and stop wishing and hoping and scheming for a different life. I want to be grateful and happy now.
24) I love discovering new things about my hubster and listening to his stories.
25) Yoga plus the ambient music channel on DI.FM is my therapy.
26) I am obsessed with silence and peace. Noise of any kind is very traumatic to my brain.
27) I still have trouble accepting that I’m middle aged.
28) My eyesight is deteriorating but I refuse to get glasses so I keep increasing the size of fonts on all devices.
29) Have some grey hair but I wish it would all change overnight. It’s very cool to be fully grey while still young.
30) Thankful I can use public transit (as inefficient as it is in this city) and don’t need a car. The high prices suck though.
31) I dream of living in a house by the ocean, in quiet and solitude. I’ve never lived in a house. Was born in an apartment and will probably die in one.
32) My choice to be child free is the best decision I’ve ever made.
33) I am teaching myself to write with the left hand. It’s hard, the world is definitely not made for lefties.
34) I am a crabby hermit and I love it.
35) Watermelon has become my favourite fruit. I’ve been eating it with abandon this summer.
36) I can still do cartwheels.
37) I make my own liquid soap with Dr Bronner and distilled water. It has saved my skin and money.
38) Three pairs of Birkenstocks are my non-winter shoes: sandals, open heel and fully closed.
39) Want to learn chess but I might be too impatient for it.
40) It’s impossible to be a minimalist since I share my apartment with a pack rat.
41) I had my very first massage this year and learned I have knots all over. Tightly wound and ready to break.
42) I am probably a repressed hippie.